Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 3 May 2012

Smoooothieeeeeessssss

This post is going to be about my new found love of......SMOOTHIES!


I'm on a total health kick at the moment....like many times before haha, but this time I'm determined to make it last and to see results! Along with hitting the gym most days of the week I've been putting my blender to good use and making some delicious slushy treats!

My first one was called Very Very Berry (please don't laugh at my *ahem* extremely creative names lool)


Very Very Berry



Ingredients

Hand full of frozen mixed summer berries from Asda (Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
Dollop of Yoghurt (preferably Greek or Plain)
Splash of Milk (preferably Soy but any will do)
Water( if it's too thick)

Put all in blender, push the button and Bleeeenddd!

I find this so fun and love seeing the vibrant colours that form from all the fruit! It's low in calories, high in Vitamins and good stuff and kills the dreaded sweet tooth!

Any one that knows me knows that I'm the first one looking at the dessert menu even before the main meal haha! but these smoothies are so naturally sweet it removes any want for chocolate goodies, resulting in in-taking less calories....result!

Next up we have Mellow Yellow (lol)

Mellow Yellow

Ingredients

1 Banana
1 Orange (peeled and segmented, could probably use Orange Juice but I had none at the time)
Handful or half a cup of Pineapple chunks with juice
Dollop of Yoghurt (preferably Greek or Plain)

Blend & Enjoy! made in a matter of minutes 
YUM! 



You could also substitute the milk and yoghurt for ice and have a lovely frozen slushy treat!

God bless
Nay
xx

Note: first picture was NOT taken by me :) 



2 comments:

  1. Look at you girly with the lifestyle blogging, I think you've got something going here :) If you need any more smoothie recipes, hit me up, I have a great memory of the ones we used to make at MyJuice! Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee thanks Yvie!! :D
    yes please that would be awesomee! I never realised how much fun making smoothies could be! haha
    lots of love back! xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! :) ❤