Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Losing the birthday chubba

I'm not 100% sure of how much weight I put on over the week of my birthday (if any) but you know when you feel so sluggish & unhealthy...yeah that lol and plus my meals went a little something like this:

 Fry up with milkshake & Mcdonalds all in one day, Chimichangas for lunch one day then a meal out in the evening, Chinese buffet on my actual birthday & that doesn't even include the birthday cakes & desserts urghhhhh lol! But no regrets! I really enjoyed my birthday & the food was yummy!
(All rights reserved)


 ....Just means I have to kick my butt this week! Which is going well so far :D

I've had one week of unhealthy food so trying to make this week one with healthy food,

Plan

  • Run every morning - this has been going well! We skipped Tuesdays because it was raining HARD and who wants to run with soggy clothes & hair *shudders* so we stayed home & done this HIIT workout from YouTube.
  • Squat & lunge through out the day! - Be it waiting for the kettle to boil or during ad breaks on TV I'm trying to get some squats in haha.
  • Drink more water!
  • Get more sleep
  • Eat clean (-er)!
Food ideas
Here are a few things I plan to eat & hopefully continue eating when I go back to uni

Breakfast
  • Weetabix with Honey & Cinnamon
  • Fruit Salad
  • Small Omelette (1 egg) with ham, onion or what ever is in the fridge at the time
  • 1 boiled egg with 2 slices of brown toast
  • Porridge/Oats with Cinnamon & Honey
Lunch
  • Omelette with 1 pitta bread
  • 1 baked potato with beans or cheese
  • Scrambled egg sandwich (one slice of bread)
Dinner
  • Seasoned baked chicken with broccoli
  • Prawns in curry powder with small portion of rice & broccoli (more veg than carbs)
  • Baked potato filled with mince & veg on the side
  • Chicken salad
Snacks
  • Celery with Hummus as a dip. (Red Pepper Hummus is delicious!)
  • Wheat thins topped with hummus, goats cheese or plain. (rice cakes work too!)
  • Cut up slices of pitta bread toasted in the oven (Crisp/chip style) then dipped in Hummous or Guacamole.
  • Green tea through out the day (love love love the stuff! And it's good for you! Result :D
Desserts
  • When I crave Apple crumble I'll make a mini version with honey instead of sugar in a small ramekin cup/dish
  • Fresh fruit
  • When I crave chocolate I'll have Horlicks Chocolate light hot malt which is yummy than regular malt & doesn't have many calories
This kind of thing (all rights reserved to photographer)
I also bought a 49p writing pad from Sainsburys to jot down everything I eat in the day (sounds a bit strict but it really helps because when you go to eat something unhealthy you won't because you feel guilty about writing it down) & to write down anything inspirational & the workouts I do.

Also! Don't be afraid to run! People don't care that your working out & if you do get weird looks think of the good looks you'll get when your body is in shape ;) Even when I wake up and don't feel like heading out I always am thankful I do because once you're out there you feel great!



Lets see how it goes! I'm on day 3 & feeling better that I did last week so that's a good start.
What could I do better? Anything I could add or take away from my food ideas?
Let's help each other out!

God Bless
Nay
xx


4 comments:

  1. I've started running too...I'm on this weight loss mission.
    Not fitting into clothes my size is NOT on looooool

    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com
    BLEURGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooool tell me about it! I'll be in the fitting room like "nope this is MY size it WILL fit....in Jesus name Amen" haha!
    All the best in your journey :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! :) ❤