Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Super Slicked edges Some way Some how!

I hope the title portrays my desperation for a product/technique that can slick my edges haha! (curly bits of hair at the front of your head) I am prone to having quite...unruly re-growth & having my hair in a bun can often look messy because of the fuzz at my hairline lol I've been through so many products so I thought I'd give you a run down of the gels/serums etc that I have used!

Everyone's hair is different so a product may be perfect for you and rubbish for me but these are the ones which have given my hair grief...and also the ones which have worked best!

Still on a hunt for one that will make my hair look like this.....

(All rights reserved)
....and stay that way all day not just 5 minutes, this is Chilli from TLC btw queen of the smooth edges & baby hair, if you know what she uses...let me know lool

Okay so these are the products I have tried...



From left to right we have Elasta QP Glaze, Lets Jam! shining & conditioning gel in 'Regular Hold', IC Hair Polisher Olive Oil Styling Gel, Elasta QP Feels Like Silk liquid styling gel & lastly Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Olive Oil Edge control.

1.Elasta QP Glaze (below)
Sorry about the jar lol every person I've seen with this product has the front rubbed off! Well loved or poor labelling? who knows haha.
This glaze is pretty good! the consistency isn't too thick or too wet & it slicks on really well! The price as you can see is only £2.99 and it doesn't make your hair too hard, my only issue with this is that you can sometimes end up using quite a bit & can make your hair feel sticky.
The smell is a bit odd but you get used to it.

2. Lets Jam! shining & conditioning gel in 'Regular Hold'(below)
I have just recently purchased this & only used it twice but from what I can see it is good! Not a bad buy at all! The gel looks black in the jar & I was quite alarmed when I opened it as my hair is brown but when when you put the product on your finger it's clear! *phew* No idea how they done that! The smell isn't incredible but it doesn't stink so that's the main thing lol. The product laid my edges down well! This product has my favourite consistency, not too hard, not too wet or runny....thumbs up!


3. IC Hair Polisher Olive Oil Styling Gel (below)
The smell of this gel is kind of like cleaning fluids, I do like that smell but not on my head lol! I've heard some good reviews about this company (especially their styling gel with sparkle lites,maybe I should have gotten that one) but for me this is the worst of the bunch! The consistency is very gloopy where as I prefer products for my edges to be a bit more stiff, it left my hair wet & my edges just curled up & ended up curlier than before so now I looked not just like a fluff ball....but a wet fluff ball lol!


4.  Elasta QP Feels Like Silk liquid styling gel
Okay here's another product by Elasta QP, the smell is better but still nothing to write home about (as you can tell I like yummy smelling products lol!)
The bottle got one thing right...it does make your hair feel like silk! The product is blue & feels a bit oily & sticky on your hands, it slicked my edges down for about 5 minutes but then they sprung up again but to get soft hair a little of this product is a good idea!


 5. Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Olive Oil Edge control
Now this is what you call saving the best for last lol! This is a great product!!! The smell is so fruity & gorgeous they should make it into a shower gel haha! It comes in a jar which I feel could be bigger but I wouldn't mind buying another one as the price is decent. The only issue I have with it is that the product is quite hard to the touch making it hard to spread unless you rub it in between your fingers before applying. It is great though & with a bit of water kind of gave me my desired look!


This is how my hair turned out with Olive Oil Edge Control (above) on my edges & lets jam on the lengths of my hair....


Still looking for a product that will give my hair that sleek freshly relaxed look but so far ORS Edge Control is my favourite!

Here is the technique of what I used (probably well known but hey! I just realised today haha)....

You will need:

1. Toothbrush, not the one you brush your teeth with....please lol!

2. A bristle brush, mine is by 'Magic' & it has 'soft natural boar bristles'.

3. 1 thin tooth comb

4. A satin scarf, this is my beloved head scarf haha!

What I do:
Put product of choice all around on your edges, makes your you use a good amount, and brush it through with the bristle brush, you can also use the comb to make sure it gets all the way through to your roots, then wet the tooth brush and brush it all around your edges, repeat this step but with your gel of choice,  and style your baby hairs as desired. Then tie your scarf on tight to set the gel & when you remove it you will have nice smooth hair! 

This is what I do but other peoples techniques may be similar or wayy different, what do you use? Know any great products I should try? Let me know!

God Bless
Nay
xx




2 comments:

  1. Yesssss to the IC Fantasia gel and toothbrush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neeeed some in my life :D definitely gonna try the Fantasia one

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! :) ❤